DTBS - Chapter 177

Chapter 177: Extra: Kitty's Set Visit - Part 2

When Tao Qiuyun pushed open the waiting room door, she didn't notice anyone sitting on the sofa inside. She scanned the room, then walked over to the plants to examine them, a look of confusion on her face.

It was one thing for a client to come to the waiting room and not sit on the sofa, but if they wanted to visit the CEO's reception room, it didn't make sense for the entire room to be empty, right? Maybe they went to the restroom?

Or perhaps, they wanted to ambush her? In broad daylight, were assailants this bold now?

"Qiuqiu!" A cabinet nearby suddenly opened, and a dark figure pounced onto Tao Qiuyun's back, biting her ear lightly. "Surprise~"

Tao Qiuyun's breath hitched. If it weren't for the familiar scent, she probably would have instinctively thrown the attacker behind her over her shoulder...

Fortunately, she didn't, or it might have been a repeat of the 《28th Floor Shark Chase Incident》 from the Chunjin gossip group back then.

"Qingshang," the woman's tense body instantly relaxed. She turned her head and kissed Qin Qingshang's face. "You came back early? Why didn't you tell me? I would have picked you up."

"How could I surprise you if I told you to pick me up?" Qin Qingshang let go of her and walked over to the soft sofa to sit down. "Qiuqiu, if I hadn't come secretly, I wouldn't have known you're so imposing usually!"

She imitated the woman's tone from earlier, looking smug. "Whether you're a dragon or a tiger, you have to lie down for me!"

Tao Qiuyun felt a little embarrassed. To cover her awkwardness, she turned to the display cabinet to get tea sets. "I misunderstood. I saw all the secretaries gathered together and thought it was something important... Of course, you coming to the company is also important. Qingshang, what kind of tea would you like?"

"I want milk tea~" The cat blinked.

The woman's movements paused. She seemed completely unprepared for that answer. She had gone through the perfect brewing process for various colored teas in her mind, but it never occurred to her that she would hear "milk tea" from her wife's mouth.

What company serves milk tea when entertaining clients?

"Don't you need to watch your figure?" Tao Qiuyun asked a soul-searching question.

"Sister Lan isn't here, so she can't control me every day. Besides, I'll just have a little and then exercise. If I don't finish it, you can have some. Don't you want to hold warm milk tea with me and share the same straw?" Qin Qingshang leaned closer to her, peering into the cabinet at the tea leaves. "Of course, if you want to make tea for me, I'd be very happy too."

"Wait a moment," Tao Qiuyun pulled out her phone. "I'll order delivery. What flavor do you want?"

"You actually order delivery!" Qin Qingshang looked like she had seen an alien. "Don't CEOs always have secretaries and assistants buy things?"

"Unless necessary, I don't trouble them with such things." Tao Qiuyun chuckled and put her arm around her, then sat on the sofa, handing over her phone. "Choose yourself?"

"Any price is okay?" The cat scrolled down, holding the phone.

"Well... under 30 yuan?"

"What! Stingy!"

"...Any more than that might not seem very smart."

"Then how about Sweet Honey? It's 8 yuan for a large cup, so much cheaper."

"That works too."

"...Qiuqiu," Qin Qingshang looked at her strangely. "Have you never had milk tea before?"

"I have," Tao Qiuyun didn't understand why she suddenly said that. "But I can't taste the difference. I prefer tea."

"Don't like drinking milk?"

"..." The woman fell silent for a moment. "Is this a test or a hint?"

"A hint about what?"

"About getting pregnant."

"I'm talking about proper milk tea with you!" Qin Qingshang reacted, immediately standing up from the woman's arms, her face red. "I just got back. How could I say such, such shameless things to you in the office?"

She only said such suggestive things quietly at home. She wasn't that uninhibited yet, let alone here in Tao Qiuyun's company.

"No," afraid of being misunderstood as a horny pervert, Tao Qiuyun quickly explained, "It's like this, Mom has been messaging me these past few days saying Qinqin saw others have younger siblings and said she wants one too, so she asked me about plans for a second child. I thought she couldn't get through to me and went to bother you."

"Ah?" Qin Qingshang sat back down on the sofa. "Mom didn't tell me about that. When she chats with me, she just normally cares about my daily life, like how the climate is different there, and that she saw news about a crocodile crawling out of the zoo, telling me to be careful, things like that."

"That's good then." Tao Qiuyun felt relieved, clearly letting out a sigh of relief.

She really disliked the way elders pressured for marriage and children. Fortunately, Tao Aiqin appeared out of nowhere, otherwise, in this life... maybe she would have only collaborated with Su Qingxiang? (TN: This is a joke about having a child via artificial means with a friend.)

A second child? Don't even think about it. Children would distract them. She wasn't confident she could be completely fair in her lifetime. Besides, her career and Qingshang's career were both very important. For either of them to sacrifice time for pregnancy would be a waste of their own value. They had already agreed not to have children.

"Qiuqiu," Qin Qingshang took out the gift bag hidden under the coffee table. "A gift I brought for you. See if you like it."

Seeing Tao Qiuyun start to unwrap the gift, Qin Qingshang watched her actions and continued, "I have a month off after I get back this time. We can go through the process of looking at wedding rings and ordering wedding dresses like we talked about. How about it? I love you~"

Tao Qiuyun happened to open the box. Inside, the pink crystal was clear and translucent, its color simple yet reflecting light, making it dazzlingly beautiful.

"Where did you get such a big crystal?" Tao Qiuyun picked it up, a gentle smile appearing on her face. Anyone would be happy to receive a beautiful gift. She said sincerely, "It's very beautiful. Can I put it in my office?"

"I've never even been to your office," Qin Qingshang leaned on her shoulder, staring at the pink crystal in the woman's hand, muttering softly, "I don't know if it'll match."

Tao Qiuyun instantly understood. The big cat was unhappy that she had been made to stay in the 28th-floor lounge.

Having figured this out, she immediately put the pink crystal away. "Qingshang, I was just too happy to see you, so I didn't think straight for a moment. I'll take you to my office to look around, okay?"

"Won't I disturb your work?"

Speaking of work, Tao Qiuyun suddenly remembered her 10:30 meeting. She checked her watch and smiled, "It won't affect anything, there's still half an hour."

"Is it the meeting Secretary Zhang mentioned?" The cat was curious.

"Yes, it's not an important meeting, it'll be over quickly." Tao Qiuyun packed up her things, then took her hand and stood up. "Is there anything you want to eat for lunch? Or do you want to take a shower and rest for a while since you just got back? Want to rest in my office for a bit?"

"Okay, but Qiuqiu, is there a bathroom in your office?"

"Yes, both a shower and a bathtub. You can use whichever you like, but the bathtub is a bit small. And the closet is full of my clothes. Next time, I'll prepare some of yours."

"Why prepare my clothes? I don't live here often. Besides, we're wives, why distinguish between yours and mine? But if you have a meeting later, why don't you take me around the company first? I want to see the working environment of a big company."

Feeling that she made sense, Tao Qiuyun nodded. "Okay."

Along the way, employees greeted the two wives and received CEO Tao's warm, spring breeze-like smile, and of course, the smile of the popular actress Qin Qingshang.

【28th Floor Gossip Group: Sisters! Qin Qingshang is at Chunjin!】

The news in the gossip group spread like wildfire. No one dared to shove their phones in their faces, only secretly taking photos of their backs:

【Surveillance Dept. Gossip Group: CEO Tao is practically possessed by a gentle monster! (Recalled)】

【CEO Tao's Secretary Squad: Sister Qin, please come visit more often, double the beauty and happiness (drooling)】

【Chunjin Big Gossip Group: For some reason, I feel like I'm the boss, listening to CEO Tao explain things to me (dreaming)】

【This is the Work Group: Wake up! The meeting is about to start!】

And the ones who most directly felt Tao Qiuyun's double standard were the leaders attending the meeting today. Although the meeting was completed in a standard manner, CEO Tao unusually didn't raise any questions during the meeting, as if their work performance was extremely excellent. She just quietly listened to the reports, seriously deployed the work, and finally picked up her notebook and left quickly, not staying for a second longer.

The department heads looked at each other:

Qin Qingshang is a Bodhisattva! Hope she comes every Monday right on time!

When Wang Huai brought the delivery milk tea upstairs, she saw Qin Qingshang wearing CEO Tao's shirt and trousers, holding the bright pink crystal and fiddling with it, seemingly trying to find a perfect spot to place it, but she couldn't find a satisfactory place.

Instead, she was attracted by the office decor, like a cat full of curiosity, touching here, sniffing there...

Executive Assistant Wang knocked on the door. After getting Qin Qingshang's attention, she raised the paper bag in her hand and indicated, "Miss Qin, your and CEO Tao's milk tea."

Tao Qiuyun herself wouldn't drink this stuff, except when she was surrounded by junior schoolmates inviting her to try it back in school. Tsk tsk tsk, love really does change your taste!

"Thank you, Sister Huai, you worked hard!" The cat took the milk tea, suddenly remembering Wang Huai contacting her before. She said, "The sasaeng fan who got into my room before, and the case where he indirectly caused the death of a girl back then, has had its second trial. This time I exposed the matter, with public opinion and netizens, he probably won't get away."

"CEO Tao said Miss Qin could handle it, so naturally I believe you." Wang Huai smiled, thinking of the text message Tao Qiuyun had just sent her. She reminded, "CEO Tao said earlier that she was tired of the office decor. Could it be that she asked Miss Qin to help her redecorate?"

"I can arrange it according to my preferences?" Qin Qingshang was surprised, feeling a sense of eager excitement. "All her things are too dull. I feel like this crystal doesn't fit anywhere."

The crystal clear pink crystal brightened up the office, but it also seemed too out of place.

"CEO Tao has also been looking at wedding banquet designs a lot these past few days, so the more she looks at the office, the less pleasing it seems." Wang Huai got to the point.

"Wedding banquet design?" The cat was indeed hooked.

"Miss Qin, haven't you looked through the documents on CEO Tao's desk?" Wang Huai put on a look of annoyance as if she had let something slip. "I thought you had seen them. CEO Tao ordered a diamond ring, a wedding dress, and even bought an island."

"She bought an island?" Qin Qingshang was shocked. She had just been thinking she wouldn't look through her wife's work documents, but in the blink of an eye, she was startled by this news. "Why did she buy an island? To develop tourism?"

"It seems it's first for the wedding banquet venue, then to build an amusement park for you and Qinqin, and then various filming facilities," Wang Huai paused, then continued, "She said Miss Qin will definitely go solo in the future, so she wants to build a unique film and television city for you."

"..." The cat was too shocked to speak.

Her mind couldn't process it for a moment. She plopped down onto the boss's chair to digest the news.

"CEO Tao!" An Ningru knocked on the door, holding documents. As soon as she entered, she realized the person sitting in the chair wasn't Tao Qiuyun, but Qin Qingshang wearing CEO Tao's clothes. Having been on the front lines of shipping couples for years, her mind instantly went wild. She thought she had stumbled upon some secret game scene and immediately became nervous. "Sister Qin! You, hello."

"CEO Tao is still in a meeting," Wang Huai looked at her. "Come back later."

"Okay, Executive Assistant Wang!" That scared me to death, Assistant Wang is here too!

Wang Huai was standing by the window, An Ningru hadn't noticed her at first.

Seeing An Ningru leave in a hurry, Wang Huai turned back to explain to Qin Qingshang, "She's part of the atmosphere team and also the PR team, but this PR isn't Chunjin's PR, it's something CEO Tao specially set up for you, Miss Qin, and it's not funded through Chunjin's accounts."

"When was that set up?" Qin Qingshang had recovered, but immediately said, "Never mind, I'll ask her myself tonight."

Wang Huai nodded, not responding.

She thought Tao Qiuyun was strange. Others would want to save the surprise for the very end, but she insisted on telling Qin Qingshang first, saying it was so the cat could be mentally prepared.

It could be said that in some ways, she really didn't understand romance at all. She didn't know how she managed to reel in her wife... a giant in action, a cripple in words.

"Miss Qin," Wang Huai decided to satisfy her curiosity. "What do you think of CEO Tao's actions like this?"

Are you touched? Or do you feel...

"I plan to pretend I don't know. I'm quite confident in my acting skills." The cat said seriously.

Wang Huai: "..."

Very good, you two are truly a match made in heaven.

Comments