DTBS - Chapter 176
Chapter 176: Extra: Kitty's Set Visit - Part 1
Half a year had passed since the broadcast of 《We Are Family》. Putting aside how a certain CEO Tao's "stand-in" maneuver on the variety show led to her sleeping in the study for several nights, Qin Qingshang herself, as an actress, was also in the midst of a rising career. Various endorsements, sponsorships, and script offers kept pouring in, making Lan Su dizzy from choosing. With her assistant Wen Yu, the trio was constantly traveling, spending very little time in Tianhua City.
Furthermore, after Tao Qiuyun and Qin Qingshang officially confirmed their relationship as wives, they hadn't been able to be clingy and affectionate due to their respective careers. The actress was busy traveling for work, and the CEO was buried in overtime. However, they tacitly synchronized their rest times, and their sweet video calls every night made even Big Bold shake his head, finding it too much "dog food" (public display of affection), and wag his big tail as he left.
"Woof!" Woof might as well go be Doctor Su's tool dog!
Tao Aiqin was taken away by Su Qingxiang. She was dedicated to picking up and dropping off the little cat every day, claiming she needed to borrow her strength to pursue Chang Suiyou. Although Tao Qiuyun found this explanation quite absurd, seeing that the little cat had no objections and seemed to enjoy it, she agreed.
The Chunjin Group building stood tall and imposing. The woman cleaning the windows gave a thumbs-up to the sky, looking at the rows of sparkling windows, very satisfied with the results of her labor.
Some were happy, some were worried. Monday was always the busiest time for the group. The preparations before the weekly meeting were enough to make the heads of various departments tremble with fear. They had thought CEO Tao was cute and lovable when watching the variety show, making them burst into laughter, but encountering her in reality, let alone smiling, they didn't even dare to speak loudly, afraid of attracting her attention.
Tao Qiuyun's gaze during meetings was extremely oppressive, completely unlike her usual gentle demeanor. Almost no one was willing to make eye contact with her at such times.
"Quick, quick! Where are the documents? My report just printed, who took it?"
"Typos, typos! You typed 'efficient' as 'hilarious'! I'll be the clown in the meeting, CEO Tao can freeze me to death with her eyes! What good would my death do you?"
"I could get promoted?"
"Get lost!"
"Procedure! How many times have I said the reporting procedure! If it's not from this department, don't give it directly to Secretary Zheng, give it to the Review Office! Sisters, pay attention!"
"Thank you, CEO Chen, but our CEO Tao doesn't drink coffee, she drinks tea."
"Right, right, CEO Tao likes green tea... Hey, hey, hey, not that kind of green tea! Proper green tea."
Such conversations were happening all over the building, among those collecting data, receiving partners, dealing with gift-givers. Everyone in the group was used to it and found it unremarkable.
The company's front desk lady was the face of Chunjin. She always paid attention to her image management. She took out a small mirror from under the counter and secretly checked herself. Seeing no one around, she immediately lowered her head to touch up the lipstick she had accidentally licked off.
Ah~ I'm so perfect today too! Wait...
She saw a strange woman lingering in front of the company entrance. She was wearing a trench coat, tall with slender shoulders and a thin waist, looking like a beautiful woman from a painting, standing gracefully. But she was carrying a gift bag, looking left and right, seemingly observing something.
The baseball cap on the woman's head pressed down her dark hair, the mask on her face almost completely covered her entire face, and with a pair of sunglasses on her nose, it was safe to say even her own mother might not recognize her.
Such suspicious behavior seemed like she was casing the joint, and the gift bag might be a disguise. The front desk lady instantly became alert.
When Chunjin previously undertook a government project, criminals had planted bombs, so the entire group was very serious about such security issues. At this moment, there was no need for the front desk lady to call and remind them. The security team had already received contact from the gatekeeper via walkie-talkie. They quickly stepped forward and surrounded the suspicious woman:
"Stop! Miss, who are you? Please take your right hand out of your pocket."
"What are you doing?" Seeing a group of people in black suits surround her, Qin Qingshang quickly put down the bag in her hand, then raised both hands, indicating she was harmless.
Seeing that the group of men and women in front of her had no intention of coming closer to act, she finally breathed a sigh of relief. She took off her sunglasses with one hand and then removed her mask. "I don't want to cause a commotion, please don't attract people over. I just wanted to secretly visit Qiuqiu."
Security team: "...?!"
They had scared the CEO's wife. This was a display of their dedication to duty, surely CEO Tao wouldn't hold it against them? After all, CEO Tao was very reasonable... right?
"Miss Qin! Your disguise was too good. Actually, we're this strict because CEO Tao requires it. Who knew we'd accidentally offend someone important." The security captain immediately changed his expression, smiling and clearing the way. "Take your time looking around, look however you want. We'll be right here guarding you. Call us if you need anything. Oh, is this bag heavy? We can help you carry it."
"No need, you go back to work. I'm the one who disturbed you," Qin Qingshang picked up the bag from the ground, put her mask back on, and politely said goodbye. "Then I'll go in now."
"Take care, Miss Qin! Chunjin is quite large, you might not be familiar with it on your first visit. You can contact the front desk, Xiaoyun, to connect you with the Secretary Office. Ask Secretary Zheng and the others to give you a tour? Chunjin's sky restaurant is very delicious."
"Thank you!"
The cat found the front desk lady...
"Qin! Miss Qin!" The front desk lady was momentarily excited and spoke incoherently. "You, you actually came in person to visit CEO Tao."
"Uh, I'm not visiting CEO Tao, I'm here to visit her at work," Qin Qingshang smiled, holding up the gift bag in her hand. "I just finished work and got off the plane, I brought her a gift, so I wanted to secretly visit and give her a surprise. Which floor is Qiuqiu's office on?"
"CEO Tao's office is on the top floor, but generally, people can't go up there. My employee card doesn't have the access. I can help you contact the Secretary Office, Miss Qin, and have them come down to take you up, okay?"
"Then will Qiuqiu know I'm here?" Qin Qingshang asked curiously.
"Then I'll tell the sisters in the Secretary Office not to say anything."
"Okay," Qin Qingshang smiled and nodded, pulling a candy from her trench coat. "Thank you, have a candy."
"Thank you, Sister Qin!" The front desk lady was already filled with goodwill towards her because of her looks and friendly attitude, and now it instantly maxed out.
This is the candy my Sister gave me, I'm going to take it back and enshrine it!
That's right, whether she was a fan before or not, she was now one of Qin Qingshang's hundreds of millions of fans.
"Hello," the front desk lady dialed the landline of Secretary Zhang Zhenzhen, with whom she had the best relationship. "Hello, Sister Zhenzhen, hope you're not busy... It's like this, Miss Qin is planning a secret visit, can you swipe your card to come down and pick her up? Which Miss Qin could it be, it's the one who got the marriage certificate with CEO Tao."
"Qin Qingshang is here!" Zhang Zhenzhen suddenly exclaimed in the office, causing several other secretaries to turn their heads at the same time. Zheng Liuyu, who was about to leave with a file box, paused and then instantly retreated.
Anyway, Executive Assistant Wang was still reporting to CEO Tao, so it wouldn't matter if she went a little later. Time to watch the drama!
"What Qin Qingshang? Qin Qingshang came to Chunjin?" A group of people gathered around, wanting to hear what was being said on the phone.
"Don't rush, don't snatch, sisters. The noise will attract CEO Tao later." Zhang Zhenzhen held the receiver tightly.
Zheng Liuyu quietly closed the door, then put down the file box. She slowly walked closer and guessed, "Is it that Miss Qin can't go up to the top floor?"
"It seems so," Zhang Zhenzhen said quickly when she saw Zheng Liuyu. "Sister Yu, Miss Qin wants to visit CEO Tao and give her a surprise. Can I quietly go and swipe the card for Miss Qin?"
"I'll go swipe it, I'll go swipe it!" Someone said, dissatisfied. "I'm a fan of Sister Qin."
"I'll go, I'll go! Who isn't a fan of the boss's wife?"
"Rock, paper, scissors! Can we be fair?"
"I can get into CEO Tao's office with my eyes closed, I'll go!"
"You talk like no one else can do it. I can get in while sleepwalking."
"I can go in while standing on my head!"
Hearing them talk more and more ridiculously, someone couldn't help but say, "We're all sisters, why hurt the harmony? You swipe this card every day, aren't you tired of it? Didn't you say you were bored? I think, why don't I go?"
"Your abacus is clicking so loud, even CEO Tao next door can hear it!"
"Bang bang bang—" Tao Qiuyun knocked on the glass door. Seeing them turn around, she pushed the door open and walked in, asking strangely, "What's going on? So noisy."
"CEO Tao!"
"Hello, CEO Tao!"
The secretaries all straightened up, revealing Zhang Zhenzhen, who was surrounded in the center, holding the receiver with a nervous expression.
It's over, they really did attract CEO Tao...
"What are you doing?" Tao Qiuyun first carefully surveyed everyone's workstations, then raised her eyes. "Are you very free? What are you doing gathered here?"
"CEO Tao," seeing the secretaries stammering, Zheng Liuyu took on the task of facing Tao Qiuyun directly. "It's like this, there's a... client downstairs, who said they want to discuss cooperation with you."
"And then?" Tao Qiuyun motioned for her to continue. "Is this kind of thing worth you putting down your work and gathering around a phone?"
"Her identity is special, we were preparing to help her swipe her card to go up to the top floor." Zheng Liuyu gave a dry laugh.
"What's so special? Take him to the lounge on the 28th floor, I'll go over later." Tao Qiuyun clearly lost interest and turned to go back to her office.
"CEO Tao!" Zheng Liuyu called out to her, hesitating to speak, then wanting to speak again. "A very important client, with a bit of... a bit of background..."
"Whether they're a dragon or a tiger, even if they're here for revenge, they have to lie low first." Tao Qiuyun's gaze was indifferent. "This is Chunjin, and you are my secretaries. You don't need to cater to their mood. Take them to the lounge, I'll be there right away."
"Okay." Zheng Liuyu tightened her facial expression, not daring to say anything more.
The secretaries watched Tao Qiuyun leave, then looked at each other, all thinking...
"Did CEO Tao misunderstand something?"
"So what do we do now?"
"Take her to the 28th floor?"
"Sisters, I don't know if this is good news or bad news. Just now, it was Qin Qingshang on the phone, she heard everything, and now she's asking me to take her to the 28th floor."
"CEO Tao won't be chased down from the 28th floor again, will she?"
"Uh..."
"Think about it, compared to the 50th floor, running from the 28th floor is a bit easier."
Tao Qiuyun returned to her office. "Continue, Executive Assistant Wang."
"What was wrong with them?" Wang Huai smiled and pushed up her glasses. "It's the first time I've seen CEO Tao's secretaries so lively."
"It seems someone came to Chunjin to cause trouble," Tao Qiuyun took off her black suit jacket, then took off the matching vest underneath. "I told them to put the person in the reception room on the 28th floor first, I'll go deal with it later."
"What are you doing?" Wang Huai saw her take off her vest and didn't understand for a moment.
"Just in case I need to get physical," Tao Qiuyun put her jacket back on. "This way it's a bit more convenient, my chest won't feel so tight."
"...CEO Tao, do I need to remind you again? You are the CEO now, can you please stop using your old, barbaric methods to solve problems? You have security guards, you just need to call out."
Hearing her assistant's serious reminder, the graceful woman sat back on the sofa and couldn't help but chuckle softly. "Don't worry, I'm just being cautious, it's not like I'm actually going to fight in the company. By the way, Executive Assistant Wang, are all the wedding arrangements ready? Qingshang has some rare time off after this trip ends, I plan to make up for the proposal and wedding during this time. I want everything to be foolproof."
"The wedding dresses have been custom-made according to your requirements, in your and Miss Qin's sizes. However, it's better to try them on in person so any necessary alterations can be handled promptly."
"What about the rings?"
"They are all ready, but you haven't given me the guest list yet. Do you need to invite Miss Qin's collaborators?"
"It's a private wedding, no need to make it too public. Just close friends and family will do, otherwise, nosy reporters and netizens will cause trouble again."
"Okay, CEO Tao."
"Secretary Zheng will be coming to report later," Tao Qiuyun stood up, her fair fingers smoothing her collar. "I'll go meet the one causing trouble first. Tell her to wait a moment."
"Okay." Wang Huai nodded and followed her out of the office.
Strange, why did she inexplicably feel like CEO Tao would go and never return?
Comments
Post a Comment