MQSP - Chapter 92
Chapter 92
In bed, Lin Yuqing held Xiao Ye in her arms, her head resting on the little one's arm. The little fellow, in turn, was straddling her quite unceremoniously.
A moment ago, Lin Yuqing had been teasing her. After holding her for a while, she'd grown a bit sleepy and asked the little one to take a nap with her. Xiao Ye had no choice. Right now, she was like a fish on a chopping block; the slightest failure to serve properly could result in severe punishment!
She could only comply obediently, even having to serve as a human pillow. It was only when Lin Yuqing was asleep that the little one dared to bully her a little.
Staring at Auntie Lin's sleeping face for a while, Baiye couldn't resist reaching out and poking her cheek. This old fellow—how on earth did she manage to fake that cold, unapproachable demeanor in the past? She must have seen how scared I was of her and been secretly laughing, right?
She must have done it on purpose. How malicious!
Lost in thoughts of the past, the little one's fingers kept poking Lin Yuqing's cheek. No matter how soundly one slept, that would be enough to wake them.
Out of the corner of her eye, Baiye saw Auntie Lin looking at her with open eyes. She froze for a second, not quite processing it. The next moment, she snatched her hand back, squeezed her eyes shut, and pretended to be asleep. Then she silently retracted the leg that was straddling Lin Yuqing, not daring to open her eyes, forcing herself to feign sleep.
Lin Yuqing didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Did this girl really think she was that easy to fool?
Fine, you want to play dead, do you?
Lin Yuqing smirked, placing her right hand between Xiao Ye's legs and gently rubbing the tender skin of her inner thigh through her jeans.
Baiye lifted her leg, squirmed, and decisively turned her back to continue feigning sleep.
But just as she turned, she heard a soft chuckle from behind her and immediately sensed that something was wrong. Sure enough, a warm hand slowly slipped under the waistband of her pants and gave her buttock a gentle squeeze.
"Auntie Lin…" The little one turned back with a resentful look, only to find that a certain old fellow had closed her eyes and gone back to sleeping blissfully.
…What a villain!
Lin Yuqing was feeling quite pleased with herself as the little one in her arms squirmed and shifted, trying to nudge her hand out.
Lin Yuqing withdrew her hand, wrapped her arm around the little one's waist, and whispered in her ear, "You still owe me a wedding night."
"I… It's not like I wanted to owe you! Wasn't that a special situation?"
"So you have to pay it back. And it's been two months now, so there will be interest," Lin Yuqing said as she started unbuttoning Xiao Ye's clothes.
"Tonight! Can't we talk about it tonight?"
"Alright. Then tonight, I won't be polite." Lin Yuqing swallowed with an audible gulp that made Xiao Ye's heart tremble. Good heavens, was she planning to eat her alive?
Just as she was teasing the little one, there was a knock on the door. Lin Yuqing glanced over and stretched. As she was about to get up, she sensed the little one beside her let out a sigh of relief. She smirked, lifting Baiye's chin. "Tonight, I will be collecting interest." She blew a soft breath against Xiao Ye's ear, sending a shiver through her.
Lin Yuqing got up and opened the door. It was Fang Yi.
"So, did you manage to contact her?" The moment she finished asking, she noticed Fang Yi's grave expression and her heart sank. "What's wrong?"
"I haven't reached her yet. And things have gotten more complicated. Your supporters and fans have suddenly started reposting that Weibo post like crazy, as if they planned it beforehand. Tens of thousands of people reposting at the same time. Right now, it feels like an uprising of our same-sex compatriots."
Hearing Fang Yi's description, Lin Yuqing found it amusing. An uprising? Really?
"They've even set up a support club and seem to be organizing large-scale pride parades. I heard several big cities have local representatives. It's only been two short months, and I feel like I can't keep up with the times. The young people today are so bold. They love who they want to love, without worrying about the consequences. They're so much stronger than we were!" The more Fang Yi spoke, the more excited she became.
Lin Yuqing just watched as she went completely off on a tangent.
Still, if it was as Fang Yi said, and same-sex couples could gain the human rights and equal respect they deserved, that would be wonderful news for them!
Fang Yi's words sparked an idea in Lin Yuqing's mind. She even went on Weibo to search for related topics and found the blogger for the "Same-Sex Support Club." It already had over three million followers! The pinned post was promoting pride parades in various cities, to be held next month, with Qin Chuan as one of the pilot locations.
Lin Yuqing silently calculated. Maybe she could go and join in the fun?
"You're thinking of going to check it out, aren't you?" Fang Yi said with a grin that was anything but subtle.
"Hm? What? You want to go?"
"Of course! Why not? What if I find someone suitable? Then my lifelong major event will be settled!"
Lin Yuqing didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "My, you're still thinking about getting off the market at your age? Hey, I think Su Yu is a good match. Why don't you two just make do with each other?"
"Is that something you can just 'make do' with? Besides, if you can get off the market, why can't I find someone suitable?"
"What are you two talking about? Auntie Fang likes Auntie Su? She wants to get off the market?"
Gu Baiye, who had been sitting on the edge of the bed, watched them curiously, wondering what they were plotting. She had only caught a few words.
"???" Fang Yi was completely bewildered. What on earth was she hearing?
"Yes, yes, she's just too embarrassed to say it," Lin Yuqing immediately confirmed with a nod.
"Don't you add to the chaos!" Fang Yi glared at Lin Yuqing, exasperated.
Baiye got up and walked over. "Oh~ no wonder Director Su is so afraid of Auntie Fang. I knew there was something going on between them!"
Fang Yi's eyes widened. "What is all this nonsense! Don't listen to her. There's nothing going on! She's naturally afraid of me."
"Is that so? But on set, Director Su is fierce with everyone except you. Is that natural too?"
"That… that's her problem! It has nothing to do with me!" Fang Yi stammered in her haste to explain, her tongue getting tied.
Seeing Fang Yi's flustered face, Baiye chuckled. Auntie Fang really couldn't take a joke, could she?
As they were laughing, Fang Yi casually refreshed Weibo. A new notification popped up. She glanced at it, and the smile on her face instantly froze.
That photo of Xinran she had been so worried about had been discovered!!!
【Look what I found, someone who looks just like Gu Xinran! @HeartEntertainmentOldFang】
The comments below were a mix of shock and delight, with many calling Xinran a goddess. There were also many younger netizens who didn't recognize Xinran and were curiously asking who she was.
Helpful netizens immediately answered their questions, even bringing up the story of Xinran and Yilan's marriage. This time, however, the crowd was treating Xinran as a role model to learn from, with many followers chiming in about how amazing Xinran was.
Fang Yi was dumbfounded. Had the kids these days really become so accepting of same-sex relationships?
"What's wrong with you? What's with that expression?" Lin Yuqing leaned over to look and was also taken aback. She quickly scrolled through the comments on the phone.
"How strange. Have same-sex relationships become the will of the people now?"
"Don't dream. This is just a small fraction. I bet a huge wave of abuse is on its way."
"What do we do now, Great Manager Fang? They even tagged you," Lin Yuqing said, her brow furrowed with worry.
Fang Yi was also at a loss. "Let's just ignore it for now. Respond to all changes by remaining unchanged. Let's see how things develop. Anyway, as long as we don't come forward, who can prove it's really Xinran?"
"Mm," Lin Yuqing nodded. It seemed like that was their only option.
After chatting a bit longer, they went downstairs. Xinran was already awake and talking with Su Yu.
"Really? She did that?" Xinran frowned, glancing back at Xiao Ye, who was just coming down the stairs.
"Hm? What's wrong, Mother?"
"Ah, I was just telling on you. About that time you couldn't act out the pain, so you hit yourself for real. You scared everyone," Su Yu said.
Baiye was speechless. Could someone really tattle so brazenly?!
"Auntie Su, I have something to tell you." Baiye's eyes darted around as she beckoned to Su Yu.
Su Yu got up and walked over.
"Hm? What is it?"
Baiye smirked, leaned close to Su Yu's ear, and whispered something. The others watched curiously, then saw Su Yu's face turn visibly red. She even glanced over at Fang Yi.
Fang Yi was stunned for a moment, then realized that little rascal must be spouting nonsense again!
"Hey, Gu Baiye!"
"Hm?"
The moment she used Xiao Ye's full name, Xinran shot her a look. The latter was on the verge of tears. Fine, you have backup. I can't mess with you!
"Xiao Ye, be good. Don't talk nonsense. She's missing a screw, she'll take it seriously."
"She might be missing a screw, but your brain doesn't seem to be working that well either," Gu Xinran said faintly.
"What did I do?" Fang Yi was indignant. Why was this suddenly about her?
Lin Yuqing frowned, mulling over Xinran's words. Was she implying something?
She turned to look at Su Yu, who was still blushing like a monkey's butt. The more she looked, the more suspicious it seemed!
Baiye noticed it too. She turned to Lin Yuqing with a look of surprise. Could Director Su really… have feelings for Auntie Fang?
Like they had discovered a new continent, the two of them immediately crowded around Xinran. "Mother, what did you mean by that?" the little one asked excitedly. She remembered Auntie Lin saying that Auntie Su trusted her mother a lot, so maybe she had told her something!
"You two…" Fang Yi was about to speak, trying to stop them from gossiping about her.
But Su Yu had already coughed loudly twice. "Ahem!" She was even shooting glances at Xinran.
Well, that was a confession without being pressed. Even Fang Yi could see it now, a look of astonishment on her face. What was with this woman? Hadn't she always been annoyed with her? Because she used to always snipe at her.
"Auntie Su, some things need to be said out loud. It's not good to keep them bottled up, you know~"
"Exactly. Are you planning to take it to your coffin?" Lin Yuqing was very direct.
"…Get lost!" Su Yu's face was beet red. "It's not what you think! I don't have any other feelings for her."
"The phone charm," Gu Xinran said again, in a tone that suggested it had nothing to do with her.
"Gu Xinran!!!" Su Yu was furious.
Fang Yi froze, looking down at the crystal chain on her wrist. Xinran had given this to her. Because it was a gift from her, she had always treasured it. But since modern smartphones didn't have a place to hang charms, she had converted it into a bracelet that she always wore.
Could it be… this thing was…
Fang Yi looked at Su Yu in disbelief. "You… you made this???"
Su Yu pressed her lips together, a rare hint of shyness appearing. Xinran had kicked the closet door wide open.
She couldn't hide it anymore. "Yeah," she mumbled, nodding haphazardly.
"No wonder it's so ugly. I knew Xinran's craftsmanship wasn't this bad. And I've actually worn it for so many years?" Fang Yi looked at the bracelet, muttering to herself with a disgusted expression.
"I…!" A lump of frustration caught in Su Yu's throat.
"Hehe… Auntie Lin, it turns out Auntie Fang is single by her own merit…" Baiye gave a helpless, wry smile as she looked at Lin Yuqing.
"Mm. With a brain like that, she'd probably have to get a new one to get off the market," Lin Yuqing added, mocking her just as mercilessly.
"Idiots," Gu Xinran chided, glancing at the two of them. They froze, wondering who she was talking about.
"Can't you see she's just trying to change the subject?"
"Eh?" Baiye took a closer look at Fang Yi. She was engrossed in studying the bracelet, looking rather flustered.
"So, Auntie Fang is… shy?"
The little one's gossip-loving soul was burning brightly. "Mother, what exactly happened? Did Auntie Su ask you to pass a token of her love to Auntie Fang?"
"She had feelings for Fang Yi, but Fang Yi never responded, so she thought she had no chance and gave up," Xinran explained briefly.
"Why didn't Auntie Fang respond? Doesn't she like Auntie Su?"
"Her?" Gu Xinran scoffed.
"Playing hard to get."
"Mother, wait a second!" Baiye quickly interrupted her, ran to the kitchen to grab a box of popcorn, and even brought over a small stool. She sat down in front of Xinran, all prepared to listen to the story with relish.
"I… have something to do. I'll be going now. You all take your time," Su Yu said, trying to flee as she saw the situation escalating.
With a look from Lin Yuqing, Xia Xiaozi directly blocked the door. "Oh dear, this lock doesn't seem to be opening." She fiddled with the lock, pretending to examine it.
"Hey, you guys…" This was going too far.
"Mother, hurry up and tell us!" Baiye urged, eager to hear the story.
Xinran recalled for a moment. "I remember back then, they were both very hot-tempered. At first, they would bicker every time they met, neither willing to back down. But later, for some reason, Su Yu softened and willingly let Fang Yi snipe at her. Or maybe, she has a masochistic streak."
"Pfft…" The little one couldn't help but chuckle. A masochistic streak?
So, Auntie Su was afraid of Auntie Fang because she was deliberately letting her win!
Tsk tsk, this was true love!
"What do you mean she softened for some reason? I was the one who tamed her," Fang Yi added, dissatisfied.
"Right, you old cannon," Xinran smiled.
"Then how did you tame Auntie Su?" Baiye asked curiously.
"Hey, don't I have a reputation to maintain!"
"Oh, then how were you tamed by Auntie Fang?"
"…"
"It was when she was still an intern director. She was being bullied by the crew, and I stood up for her. After that, she was completely won over."
"Oh? Domineeringly protecting your wife?"
Fang Yi nearly coughed up blood. "Which of your eyes sees her as my wife!"
"My left eye and my right eye, two in total~" Xiao Ye smiled playfully. With her mother as her great backer, she wasn't afraid of her!
Fang Yi pressed her lips together, recalling the memory. She remembered the crew was bullying the newcomer. Su Yu wasn't a weak person, but to get through her internship smoothly, she couldn't clash with the crew. She had a tough time back then, with no outlet for her frustration. Since they had disliked each other from the start, she directed all her anger at Fang Yi. But she had clearly picked the wrong target. Fang Yi wasn't good-tempered either and wouldn't indulge her.
Once, she had even scolded her to tears over some trivial matter. Su Yu couldn't win a verbal fight and felt wronged everywhere she went. The pressure became too much, and she broke down. Seeing her cry that time had really scared Fang Yi. It was just a war of words, why did she take it so seriously? The incident had made her feel guilty for days. Even now, she could still clearly recall the image of Su Yu sitting cross-legged on the floor, tears streaming down her face, yet defiantly wiping them away with her sleeve.
It wasn't until she learned that Su Yu was being bullied on set with no way to vent that she, in a moment of impulse, went to the set to reason with them. At the time, she was the manager for the famous movie star Gu Xinran and had a lot of clout. Those people knew how to read the room. Once they knew Su Yu had her backing, they became polite to her. In a way, she had indirectly helped Su Yu. She hadn't thought Su Yu would take it to heart, but she had remembered it all this time.
Fang Yi turned to look at Su Yu, who had her back to her, seemingly shy.
"Oh~ so that's how it was. It's only natural for Auntie Su to have secretly fallen for you, since you helped her out so much. But Auntie Fang, you didn't notice at all for so many years?" she asked Fang Yi, incredulous.
Fang Yi pursed her lips. "I…" She had just started to speak when she saw Su Yu turn her head slightly out of the corner of her eye.
"I didn't know…"
"She didn't know if Su Yu's feelings were simple gratitude or romantic, so she wanted to test her. But Su Yu thought she wasn't interested and retreated in the face of difficulty," Xinran explained again.
"Oh…" Baiye understood. "So Auntie Fang knew that Auntie Su liked her!"
"Mm."
"Test??" Su Yu finally caught on. "You call that a test? The bento I made for you with my own hands, you fed to a cat. The clothes I specially picked out for you, you donated to a disaster area. I tried to treat you to a meal, and not only did you make excuses, but when you finally came, you brought over thirty people from your company to fleece me! I was still an intern back then. Do you have any idea how many bowls of instant noodles I ate after that?"
"I…" Fang Yi's face flushed. "I compensated you later, didn't I?"
"Compensated?" Su Yu paused. "Oh, you mean that box of instant noodles? Thanks a lot!"
Fang Yi pursed her lips. "Actually…"
"The main problem is you."
"???" I'm not taking the blame for this!
"As for the clothes… I didn't have many clothes to donate at the time. The reason I donated the one you gave me was because I thought it was meaningful. It was like we were both showing our love together. See? I was even thinking of you while I was being charitable."
"Thanks a lot!"
"I know about the meal. She was angry because you hadn't spoken to her for two weeks, so she did it on purpose," Gu Xinran added at the perfect moment.
"Ooh, ooh, ooh~" Lin Yuqing heckled from the side. "Getting angry because she didn't talk to you? What is that if not interest?"
"It's being too proud to admit it~" the little one immediately chimed in.
"You two are singing the same tune, quite in sync, aren't you? You must be bored, is that it?" Fang Yi was fuming.
"Auntie Fang, take my advice. If you don't say some things now, it'll really be too late! You've made her wait for so many years. It's time to give her a clear answer!"
"Exactly. Weren't you hoping to get off the market? This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!" Lin Yuqing winked at her.
"Don't. There's no village, either!" Su Yu held up a hand, her tone decisive, giving Fang Yi no chance to speak.
They all froze. What was going on? Had Su Yu really given up completely?
"Auntie Su, what do you mean by that? You don't like Auntie Fang anymore?"
"I'm a very practical person. I retreat when things get difficult. I don't waste my energy on things that have no future. This ends here. I'm fine on my own. I've gotten used to it after all these years."
Baiye and Lin Yuqing exchanged a look. Seeing how resolute Su Yu sounded, this was going to be a problem!
Fang Yi was not happy. She put her hands on her hips. "When did you become such a coward? Can't you just press on despite the difficulties?"
"Why should I be the one to press on? Can't you take the initiative for once?"
"Why should I take the initiative? You're the one who likes me!"
"Screw you! I don't like you anymore! Get lost! As far away as you can possibly go!"
Comments
Post a Comment