DTBS - Chapter 182
Chapter 182: Extra: Final Chapter
Learning about Ming Siwen's past allowed Tao Qiuyun and Qin Qingshang to understand her on a deeper level. Thinking about the help Teacher Ming had given their wife-wife couple before, the two reached an agreement and decisively invited Zhou Linwan on the spot to attend their "Island: Secret Wedding."
As expected, they received a confused look from Painter Zhou (during the wedding dress fitting). Of course, they also got "pointing and whispering" from the little cat and Painter Zhou, the two bystanders.
Afterwards, Qin Qingshang also sent an invitation to Ming Siwen. After all, outsiders can't help much with matters of the heart. She could only do her best to build a platform for the two of them to communicate and get along. How things would develop specifically would still depend on Ming and Zhou.
Although Tao Qiuyun and Qin Qingshang's wedding was private, most of their friends and family were present to congratulate them. Lan Su applauded with a look of relief; she attended as Qin Qingshang's elder. Having accompanied her throughout her journey, she understood her family background best. Now, having no contact was the best blessing that father could give her. Meanwhile, Wen Yu cried and laughed, not forgetting to stuff cake into her mouth, which made An Ningru, sitting next to her, look utterly exasperated.
My Sister's assistant seems completely unreliable!
Zhang Xunmeng seemed to have drunk too much. She squeezed Zhang Zhenzhen aside and then tightly held Zheng Liuyu's hand, refusing to let go. She cried and cursed her for being heartless, saying she slept with her and ran off, accusing her of not wanting to take responsibility.
Zhang Zhenzhen, who was listening nearby, her eyes shining, quickly scrambled up from the grass and whispered with her secretary sisters, looking like they had just stumbled upon earth-shattering gossip...
"Stop talking," Zheng Liuyu said coldly, glancing at her colleagues nearby, then gritted her teeth and whispered to Zhang Xunmeng, "Can you please shut up if you're drunk? No one will think you're mute if you don't talk."
"Wuwuwu~"
"Stop crying." The woman pressed her temple, looking troubled.
"You're the one who doesn't want to take responsibility."
"...You're drunk, Miss Zhang. We only kissed that night, we didn't do anything."
"Nonsense, you even took out a finger cot!" Zhang Xunmeng stood up and shouted.
Zheng Liuyu decisively pulled her back, swept a glance at the shocked secretary team, and whispered, "Don't talk nonsense, I just took it out to show you, we didn't do anything, don't just say things."
"You clearly did, that was my... my first kiss." Zhang Xunmeng wiped her tears. She was a good driver, but that didn't mean she was knowledgeable about things in that area.
"...Stop crying, it was my first kiss too."
"Can you compare? You don't care, but I do! After that day, I couldn't eat or sleep thinking about you, I could only eat one bowl of rice per meal, wuwuwuwuwu——"
"Ah, I really..." Zheng Liuyu let go of Zhang Xunmeng, who was clearly acting drunk, and covered her face, frustrated.
Alright, now she was going to replace CEO Tao as the new contributor to the Chunjin gossip group.
The "grudge" between the secretary and the driver didn't attract too much attention, because the two brides were about to throw their bouquets. Since they were both brides, Tao Qiuyun and Qin Qingshang each held a bouquet. They exchanged glances, deciding to proceed as planned.
With the atmosphere crew secretly manipulating things among the crowd, Ming Siwen and Chang Suiyou inexplicably received the bouquets, and cheers erupted all around.
It must be said, the two beauties Tao Qiuyun and Qin Qingshang on stage were pleasing to the eye, and the atmosphere crew members around them were also a group of beautiful Sisters with superior looks. Surrounded by a romantic and happy atmosphere, even people like Ming Siwen and Chang Suiyou, who were "not interested in romance," couldn't help but feel some happiness, their lips curving up unconsciously.
The flower girl cat, who got a new CG, was very happy. While sitting on the ground counting the red envelopes she snatched, she exclaimed, "Sys, I didn't expect the wedding of my two moms to turn into a CP matchmaking convention. They're a bit outrageous. Also, these red envelopes are heavy. Is this what a CEO and a celebrity's wedding is like? I picked up nearly 100,000 just from the red envelopes no one wanted on the ground."
System: "...I think you're the most outrageous one."
What kind of flower girl asks the bride for a red envelope to buy fries after delivering the rings?!
Tao Aiqin: "AI shouldn't speculate about humans. Okay, I'm going to find Mengmeng, see how much she snatched!"
The little cat ran towards Meng Huashi with her short legs, shouting: "Mengmeng! Mengmeng! I'm rich!"
Tao Aiqin was very satisfied with her new achievement and new CG:
【Congratulations to System 030's Host for achieving [Lifelong Love (Responsive Edition)], gaining 5000 points and a beautiful CG image. Please don't be complacent, keep up the good work~】
【CG Image】: Tao Qiuyun's clothes were disheveled, she was pressed onto the bed by a woman with a playful smile, her hands tied to the headboard. A dark green tie wrapped around her delicate face, half-covering her red lips. Her fair neck now showed veins. The originally expensive necklace had become a collar tightly around her throat, the other end of the chain held tightly by Qin Qingshang...
The gentle and refined CEO was now a prisoner in the hands of the female star, the atmosphere so ambiguous it was about to cut to black.
The cat was shocked but also found it exciting!
Main System, I didn't expect you to be like this! You actually like this kind of thing!
Hiss hiss, more, more, I'm not picky!
Also, are my two moms this wild in private?
Time flew by, and in a blink of an eye, it was the end of the year. This year's Brilliant Awards live ceremony received nationwide attention. The reason was that the martial arts film 《Weary Red Dust: Misty Cloud Dream》 was nominated, which meant that Qin Qingshang and Ming Siwen would definitely compete for the most powerful actress award in the entertainment industry.
Although their relationship was good, under the instigation of marketing accounts, their fans quickly started a heated battle:
【My Sister, it must be my Sister! Qin Qingshang should have made it big long ago, the Brilliant Awards are perfect for my Sister!】
【Laughing to death, Teacher Ming already won the most prestigious Star Show Award for Best Actress in the country. The Brilliant Awards are popular both domestically and internationally, perfect for adding another glorious stroke to my Sister Ming's career!】
【Two big fan Sisters, don't argue, can't the Sisters both win the Brilliant Best Actress award? The movie has dual female leads, if it's dual Best Actresses tonight, I've already thought of the Weibo hot search name, it'll be Qin Shi Ming Yue】
【CP fans get out!】
【Uh, although, but, my Sister is married...】
【Bringing in private goods, huh? Sorry, my Sister is a single-minded career woman】
【My name is Career (dog head emoji)】
【Wuwuwu, I ship friendship, don't scold me】
【It's already amazing that a martial arts film can be nominated for the Brilliant Awards. Whether they win or not, I'm satisfied. Also, the awards ceremony is abroad this time, I'm really afraid of those judges manipulating things behind the scenes】
【At this point, I have to mention our Chunjin Group. CEO Tao has already extended her reach into the entertainment industry, didn't you know? Fuyao Entertainment directly parachuted in a new Vice President. If outsiders want to bully us, they have to see if Chunjin agrees】
【According to you, then it's definitely Qin Qingshang, no doubt. Who would dare not give face to Chunjin's CEO's wife】
【Can't stand it, folks, I've said it countless times, can't you see Sister Qin's acting skills? Without CEO Tao, she would still be a well-deserved Best Actress】
【Director He's movie hasn't been released yet, it was sent directly for awards. I wonder if it will be released later】
【Definitely! I'm an insider, I can guarantee with my chest, the action scenes are absolutely amazing. Qin Qingshang and Ming Siwen fought fiercely, it was like a revival of the martial arts golden age, and it was a single shot, the fishing rod and water sleeves swishing, amazing, truly amazing!】
【Insider dog, die! I want to see it!】
【Please, release it soon!】
While people online were furiously typing on their phones, they didn't miss the awards ceremony live broadcast at all. When the host announced the Best Actress award for "《Weary Red Dust: Misty Cloud Dream》 Ming Siwen, Qin Qingshang," not only did the audience below erupt, but the live stream did too.
【Damn! Prophet! We have a prophet among us!】
【My knife is fast, let me stab her!】
【Awesome! What year is this? The rise of martial arts films, a dual Best Actress spectacle!】
【Sister Qin and Sister Ming are killing me, they were just crying and hugging, and then they both looked stunned】
【Now they're holding hands to accept the award (dog head emoji)】
【I'm really going to laugh out loud】
【Speaking of which, CEO Tao seemed to have a scandal with Ming Siwen before, about being kept. If this followed the novel's development, it would probably be Qin Qingshang and Ming Siwen getting together, and then kicking out the villain CEO Tao】
【Huh? When was there a scandal with CEO Tao?】
【Speechless, stop talking nonsense, okay? Respect their good sisterhood and little couple, okay?】
【Bold! Dare to discuss CEO Tao!】
"First..." Qin Qingshang looked at Ming Siwen helplessly, completely surprised that Ming Siwen would give her the initiative first, so she turned to face the microphone, "Honestly, this one microphone might be a bit crowded for the two of us."
The crowd below couldn't help but laugh.
Having eased the tense atmosphere, Qin Qingshang finally composed herself and began her thank you speech.
"...Besides the efforts of the entire crew, I also want to thank Teacher Ming," she looked at Ming Siwen, "I am very happy and lucky to have met such a senior, an opponent, and a friend. I know there are rumors online that we don't get along, that we're fake sisters, and we've never responded directly."
She knew clearly that Ming Siwen felt guilty about the past, but this matter should come to an end...
"Don't friends argue? Don't friends have misunderstandings?" Qin Qingshang faced the camera again, "Teacher Ming and I will continue to cooperate and push each other to improve in the future, and the rights and wrongs between us will all become memorable stories in the years we've achieved together."
The woman's voice continued, her gaze serious and firm: "She and I will be lifelong friends, lifelong opponents, achieving together and complementing each other."
The applause below was continuous. Ming Siwen couldn't hear it, feeling as if the world only contained the two of them. Qin Qingshang's words made her choke up and feel a lump in her throat. She tried to manage her expression with her acting skills, but she couldn't control the turbulent emotions inside, so she covered her mouth and turned away, not wanting to expose her true self to the camera.
Qin Qingshang... she really is the destined female lead, isn't she? The longer she stayed by her side, the more she felt brainwashed.
Sincerity... how heartless must a person be to cruelly trample on someone else's sincerity!
Ming Siwen closed her eyes and adjusted her breathing. After finally controlling her expression, she turned back and met Qin Qingshang's eyes.
The cat moved aside, signaling Ming Siwen to step forward: "Teacher Ming, it's your turn to speak."
Even though Qin Qingshang kept calling her Teacher Ming, at this moment Ming Siwen was so sad she wanted to cry. She sniffled and stepped up to the microphone: "I..."
She choked up for a moment. Qin Qingshang gently patted her back and whispered to her not to be nervous.
Silly cat, I'm not nervous!
Ming Siwen exhaled deeply, as if letting go of a heavy burden, "Qingshang and I were in the same crew, she's said everything comprehensively, but I also want to say something to her specifically here, something that might be hard to say face-to-face."
She looked at Qin Qingshang, "Stepping into the entertainment industry was my dream. I love acting. I thought I was having a beautiful dream, but when the dream reflected reality, it was real and cruel. But thankfully, someone told me that my dream... hasn't been broken yet, and I can continue dreaming."
Ming Siwen paused, and said sincerely: "I also hope that you and I can complete our dreams together, continue to cooperate, and compete together. What's that phrase... I hope we can complement each other and walk together."
After speaking, she wiped away tears and laughed, scolding herself: "Really, after spending so much time with you, the most obvious thing is that my idiom vocabulary has become rich!"
After that, the two female stars reached out simultaneously. Even holding their trophies, they couldn't stop themselves from hugging. The camera also faithfully recorded their friendship.
【Seriously, I'm crying. Sister Qin and Sister Ming, they both made it in the industry without connections. While their success today is related to Chunjin, we can't deny their efforts. They are truly excellent and it wasn't easy for them】
【Mom, I believe in true friendship in the domestic entertainment industry again!】
【Exactly, exactly, why can't there be true friendship between two women, wuwuwu, I hope you are good friends for life】
【The song 《Years of Friendship》 really suits them】
【Qin Shi Ming Yue!!!!】
【Wuwuwu, both Sisters are so awesome】
【Sister Qin has a grand slam in friendship, love, and career. Sister Ming has a double slam in friendship and career. I wonder when love will come】
【Who can be worthy of my Sister? They have to pass our test first!】
Although netizens' emotions came and went quickly, tonight was destined to be a carnival night for both sets of fans. Other people's Best Actress winners announce marriage, you two Best Actress winners stamp your friendship, awesome! Netizens love this unconventional style!
Marketing accounts are old captains who know how to ride the wind. At this moment, the screen was full of marketing their friendship. Netizens cursed the marketing accounts while shipping them fiercely, which could be said to be a happy ending for everyone.
Zhou Linwan stood on a foreign street, maple leaves slowly falling, landing on the shoulder of her coat. She carried two paper bags in one hand, looking at the live broadcast replay on her phone, and couldn't help but smile...
Siwen looks very happy.
She attended a painter's gathering tonight and missed the live broadcast. Luckily, netizens uploaded the live recording on the dimensional network, showing how much they cared about this matter.
"Linwan?" Ming Siwen, wrapped in a scarf, stared at Zhou Linwan standing under the maple tree, a little puzzled: "Why are you here?"
"I came for a painter's gathering," Zhou Linwan put away her phone, "I asked for the hotel Qingshang is staying at, I originally planned to wait for you to finish and send gifts to congratulate you. Why are you here? Isn't there a celebration party or something?"
"No," Ming Siwen shook her head, "It was too tiring with the socializing tonight, so Qingshang and I left first. Then I saw you standing under the tree at the hotel."
Zhou Linwan looked over her shoulder and saw the sedan parked by the road, "Is Qingshang in the car too?"
They didn't know that the cat in the car was already holding up miniature binoculars to watch.
"Yes, it's cold outside, do you want to get in the car with me first?" Ming Siwen invited.
"No need," Zhou Linwan shook her head, handed her the two pink and white paper bags, and smiled: "Congratulations on winning the Brilliant Awards Best Actress, a small gift."
"What is it?" Ming Siwen took them and looked down.
"Painted it myself, hope you don't mind."
"How could I mind, this is much more valuable than street gifts!" Ming Siwen looked up at her and thanked her politely.
Sensing that she still maintained a distance when speaking to her, Zhou Linwan felt both helpless and pained. Knowing she had a tiring day, she didn't want her to continue wearing a mask, so she took the initiative to say goodbye: "Since I've delivered the gift and the blessings, I'll be going now."
"Aren't you coming in to chat?" Ming Siwen was surprised.
"No need. Siwen, I hope you're happy." Zhou Linwan smiled and turned to leave.
"Of course I'm happy, everyone is happy when they win an award." Ming Siwen stared at Zhou Linwan's retreating back, the smile on her face slowly fading...
The woman's slender back, combined with the falling maple leaves around her, made her feel inexplicably sad.
Why did she feel that Zhou Linwan was sad?
Ming Siwen, feeling complicated, returned to the car and saw Qin Qingshang seemed to be hiding something. Puzzled, she asked: "What are you doing?"
"Nothing?" The cat looked innocent, "Teacher Ming, isn't Sister Zhou getting in the car?"
"She seems to have something to do." Ming Siwen made an excuse for her.
Qin Qingshang nodded.
"Oh right," the woman looked at the paper bags and gave her the one with Qin Qingshang's initials, "This is a gift from Linwan, congratulating us on winning the award."
"Sister Zhou is so thoughtful, Qiuqiu's gift hasn't arrived yet!" Qin Qingshang took the bag.
"Isn't CEO Tao in a meeting because of the time difference? Otherwise, she would definitely come in person." Ming Siwen smiled and comforted her.
The two returned to the hotel. Qin Qingshang was eager to video chat affectionately with her wife. Ming Siwen took the paper bag back to her room. She inexplicably felt that Zhou Linwan's last words had a hidden meaning, so as soon as she closed the door, she opened the paper bag.
The gift inside was exquisitely wrapped, looking like a painting by its outline.
The woman was silent, searching for the opening for a long time but couldn't find it. She wondered if Zhou Linwan did it on purpose, completely sealing the gift, so she could only tear open the wrapping paper...
"Rip—"
She guessed right, it was indeed a painting, a portrait of her, specifically of the "Little Lychee" character she played back then.
Why did she send this?
She turned the frame over and over, finding a note clipped to the back:
【When you are willing to step out of the past, please shatter the glass that confines you】
Ming Siwen fell silent. She was curious but also afraid. She placed the portrait on the hotel bed and stared at it for a long time. In the end, curiosity won...
I'll just take a look, Zhou Linwan won't know.
She was a woman of strong action. After finding that the frame was also sealed and the painting could only be taken out by breaking the glass, she decisively shattered the glass and took out the slightly naive "Little Lychee" portrait.
There was writing on the back, she recognized it as Zhou Linwan's handwriting:
【Could there be such a love?
Even without hope, one can keep it in their heart for a long time;
Even if life blows at it every day, it can never extinguish it. —AndrĂ© Gide
There will be.】
Wdym last chapter wtf. No Siwan and Zhou? ._.
ReplyDelete