VBNWDW - Chapter 157
Chapter 157
“Your Majesty, that Wodaixina is merely a young dragon cub, and with mixed human-dragon blood to boot, I don't think the Dragon Clan is truly sincere about this marriage alliance with our race.”
Comments like these surfaced every few days. Seated in the first position, the Elf Queen merely lifted her gaze, silencing the topic.
Her coiled hair was held in place by a jeweled crown, clearly revealing her enchanting and dignified features. Unlike Luo Yueqing or Metis, the beauty of the elves was a gift from the Goddess of Nature, seemingly nurtured by dew and emerald green, appearing both pure and pristine.
One person was silenced, only for another to step forward. The clan had been dissatisfied about this matter for a long time.
Ever since the stories of the Queen and the dragon spread far and wide, the Dragon Clan had begun actively seeking marriage alliances with other races, attempting to use this method to boost their critically low numbers. As one of the top-tier races, the elves were naturally considered.
The elves themselves were willing to cooperate with this, but their Queen was of such exalted status—how could she be betrothed to a dragon cub that hadn't even reached adulthood?
At the very least, it should be the Dragon Clan Patriarch!
The noisy arguments nearly lifted the roof, until finally a sharp rebuke rang out: “Enough!”
“Wodaixina is my fiancée. Even if the Goddess of Nature herself appeared before me, that cannot be changed,” the Elf Queen declared, her dark eyes holding a suppressed anger.
“This matter ends here.”
She stood up and walked out of the room. The unique contract link stirred, and the previously tense lines of her face instantly softened. In the next second, space twisted around her, and the Elf Queen vanished from where she stood.
“Wodaixina.” Her overly warm voice, with a lilting sigh at the end, was as gentle as rippling water.
Her tone shifted as she teased, “You're finally awake.”
A thought came through from the other end of the contract chain, drowsy and laced with a sheepish laugh. “It's perfectly normal to sleep in on the first day of vacation. You have no idea how rowdy those little brats usually are. I've been counting the days until summer break, just waiting for this.”
Valentina nodded with a smile, agreeing, “Teacher Tina really does work hard.”
Even though she had only been a student for a month, under the guise of visiting her fiancée, she had still experienced the hardships of being an academy teacher. Facing a group of unruly, undisciplined genius students would give even a dragon a headache.
The person on the other side rolled over, letting out a comfortable sigh.
Although Valentina couldn't see it, the image of the little dragon cub, her round belly and wagging tail, instantly sprang to mind.
She couldn't help but laugh, her features softening even further.
The other person, unaware that her plump dragon image had already been firmly established, beamed and asked, “Valentina, do you miss me?”
The reply was swift: “Of course, my little fiancée.”
This answer clearly pleased the dragon. Her smile widened as she stated bluntly, “So, can I come find you?”
The Elf Queen was visibly stunned for a moment, then, a beat late, reacted with delighted surprise, “Of course! But… what about your kingdom?”
Her fiancée was far busier than she, her Queen. In all the years they had known each other, it was usually Valentina who rushed over to keep her company. Although it was a bit arduous, Valentina considered it what an elder partner should do, and didn't find it tiring.
On the other side, the dragon, having received permission, raised her voice cheerfully: “There are ministers to manage things. They can't possibly rely on me for everything.”
And just like that, the matter was settled.
Wodaixina couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement, chattering away: “Can you take me to all the places you've told me about? The crystal-clear lake where we can see our reflections standing on the shore, and the brilliant starry sky…”
These were the stories Valentina softly told her every night as bedtime tales. Even though they were separated, they connected through the contract link each evening.
“Of course,” the other replied matter-of-factly, then added, “Wodaixina, every time I mention these sights, I long to share them with you.”
Such a direct profession of feelings made the thick-skinned young dragon cub curl up involuntarily, creating a large bulge in the soft bedding.
Shy and flustered, she whispered back, “Valentina, I want to be with you too.”
The older one chuckled softly, her voice growing even gentler. “Then I'll wait for you here.”
Wodaixina nodded emphatically. “I'll set out first thing tomorrow morning. I'll come to you as fast as I can.”
Their trivial conversation was as warm as always. The morning sunlight broke free from the shade of the trees, casting bright beams of light.
The young dragon seemed to remember something and sighed emotionally, “Valentina, will your people welcome me?”
The quick-witted elder paused, then understood her deeper concern.
She said, “Wodaixina, you are my fiancée. Our betrothal is blessed by all the gods. No one can stand in its way.”
And then she added, “Or rather, I love you, Wodaixina, my little rose. Steadfastly, irrevocably.”
“We'll get married when you come of age, alright? Wodaixina, I will wait for you to grow up. Though the time may be long, it will be worth it.”
Her words fell, met with silence.
Valentina was a little confused. After a moment, she asked, “Hmm?”
The flustered young dragon's voice finally sounded, answering urgently, “Valentina, I've changed my mind. I want to see you right now.”
The sound of beating wings cut through the wind.
A dragon roared: “To hell with your empire! I'm having dinner with my fiancée this very afternoon!”
Comments
Post a Comment