If you’re enjoying the novels, please consider leaving a review on NovelUpdates to help more readers discover them.

MQSP - Chapter 76

Chapter 76

The two of them fooled around until nearly dawn. The little one simply couldn't stay awake any longer, and she slumped over, half her body draped across Lin Yuqing, before drifting off into a deep sleep.

Lin Yuqing reached out and felt her small body, warmed by the fire. But the morning air was damp and heavy, so Lin Yuqing helped the little one get dressed before carrying her back into the house.

She first settled the little one on a stool, then brought the rocking chair back inside. Cradling the little one, she lay down in the chair. Lin Yuqing was exhausted, too. She wrapped her arms around her sweet little wife, and as the chair swayed gently, she blissfully fell asleep.

Lin Yuqing felt like she had only just fallen asleep when she heard someone complaining about an aching back, sore waist, and cramping legs, even grumbling about how she herself certainly knew how to enjoy life. It was all very noisy.

"Hey, take a guess what's going on under these clothes," Su Yu said, pointing at the clothes covering Lin Yuqing and the little one with a mischievous look.

A group of people immediately crowded around. Even Xue Yuexian stopped complaining about her aches and pains.

"That's not a good idea, what if…" Fang Yi's words sounded like she was concerned, but the wicked grin on her face completely betrayed her.

"You bunch of weird aunties, can you please cast aside those filthy thoughts? Don't be a bad influence on the child." Lu Qing, ever the teacher, was being very proper. But what was with her hands secretly trying to lift the corner of the clothes…!

"All of you, move aside. If there's really something to see, I, her auntie, should be the first to look~" Xue Yuexian rubbed her hands together in anticipation.

"You guys are really too much…" Among the group, only Xia Xiaozi was genuinely worried.

"So, I'm lifting it?" Su Yu was already itching to go.

"Lift it!"

"What if she flips out?"

"We'll just say… she's a restless sleeper and kicked the clothes off herself!"

"…You're a clever one."

A green light gleamed in Su Yu's eyes. Just as she was about to make her move, Xia Xiaozi quickly pressed her hand down. "What if we really see something…"

"Erm…"

"It's fine. We're all women, anyway. We've all got the same parts. A little peek won't hurt." Boss Xue, who had seen countless women, was completely unfazed.

"Alright then, ladies and gentlemen, keep your eyes peeled!"

With that, Su Yu raised her hand and gently lifted the clothes.

The group watched with unblinking eyes, all waiting for the show. But they were stunned. The two were fully and neatly dressed. The little one was nestled in Lin Yuqing's arms, sleeping soundly, and Lin Yuqing's hand was resting properly on the little one's waist. That was all.

"???" They all stared at each other blankly. "That can't be right… She was actually so well-behaved? She clearly got us drunk on purpose, yet she didn't do anything bad? Or did she already finish and then cover her tracks?" Su Yu practically shoved her head into Lin Yuqing's chest, leaning in close to inspect their clothes, trying to find any trace of what might have happened.

"Have you seen enough?" Lin Yuqing didn't even open her eyes.

Su Yu jumped in shock and shot upright. The group exchanged glances, then turned and fled.

"Stop right there. Don't think I don't know what you were thinking. Do you think I'm as filthy as you? You old perverts." Lin Yuqing snorted, her gaze sweeping over them with a hint of disdain.

Hearing her say that, they felt a little guilty. "What-what do you mean, filthy? We were just… checking if you were cold, afraid you'd catch a chill!" Su Yu argued, craning her neck, earning a roll of the eyes from Lin Yuqing.

"Stop arguing. Go do whatever you need to do. Xiao Ye is still sleeping. No one's here to play with you."

Lin Yuqing yawned and shooed them away. Only then did she let out the breath she'd been holding. My god, that was close. The little one's underwear wasn't even fastened! Good thing Su Yu didn't notice!

Just as Lin Yuqing was breathing a sigh of relief, she heard the little one in her arms mutter in a tiny voice…

"As if you're so innocent, you old pervert!"

Lin Yuqing chuckled softly. Without another word, she slipped her hand into the little one's pants and pinched her soft, tender buttock. "Asking for it?"

The little one didn't make a sound, keeping her eyes closed and feigning sleep. Her breathing was even, the act as convincing as could be. Lin Yuqing glanced at her and smiled helplessly.


The two of them slept in, not waking up until the afternoon.

Lin Yuqing stretched lazily. Looking down, she found that the little one was already awake, resting her head on Lin Yuqing's arm and blinking her eyes. Who knew what her little brain was pondering now.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Hm? Nothing, I wasn't thinking about anything." The little one shook her head, avoiding Lin Yuqing's gaze.

Oh? Does she have a little secret now?

"You're awake. If you're awake, get up, wash up, and eat. We're waiting for you two," Xia Xiaozi said, poking her head in. Seeing that they were both up, she quickly called them over.

"Okay. Ah, waking up to a big meal, this is true happiness!" the little one exclaimed with a stretch.

At the dinner table, Lin Yuqing solemnly announced their wedding news.

"Next month? That's so soon. Where will it be? Have you thought about how you'll do it? Why don't you just leave it to me? I'll prepare a wedding of the century for you!" Xue Yuexian immediately slapped the table.

"Exactly, that's way too rushed. At least give us some time to prepare. I'll have someone write up a proposal right now." Jiang Boyan also took out her phone.

Lin Yuqing and Baiye exchanged a smile. "Alright, Auntie, Auntie Jiang, everyone, please don't trouble yourselves. Auntie Lin and I have already thought about it. We don't need a big spectacle. Something simple will be fine. We'll have it right here."

"Here?"

"No way. How can you have it here? There won't be any relatives or friends present. That's too shabby. Besides, the facilities here aren't up to par. The conditions just aren't right."

"Auntie, didn't I just say? We don't need a big spectacle. As for relatives and friends, having you all here is more than enough. Besides, Auntie Lin and I are, after all, having a same-sex wedding. We don't expect others' blessings; as long as they don't come to make trouble, that's good enough."

The group exchanged glances. That was true. If they made it too grand and attracted the media, the exposure would surely be counterproductive. And Lin Yuqing was a celebrity, after all. Holding a high-profile same-sex wedding was still not quite appropriate.

"Fine. I'll put my work on hold for the next month and help you prepare here. Watching you get married… I should be your only blood relative, right? When the time comes, I'll personally give you away to her and hear her call me Auntie!" Xue Yuexian grinned, not looking the least bit sleazy.

Lin Yuqing immediately shot her a huge eye-roll and didn't even want to acknowledge her. Sorry, but as for next of kin… you're really not first in line!

"I-I want to, too…" Xia Xiaozi raised her hand weakly.

"What do you want? You should be thinking about what kind of dowry to prepare for the little one as her family," Lin Yuqing reminded her.

"Oh, right. We need to prepare a dowry."

"Under my name…" Just as Xue Yuexian was about to speak, Baiye quickly raised her hand.

"Stop! I know, Auntie, that you'd pluck the stars from the sky for me if you could, but I don't really care about worldly possessions like money. If you aunties want to give me something, please give me a gift you made with your own hands~"

"I'll make the wedding dress," Jiang Boyan volunteered.

"I'll help you. One month is a bit tight. It'll be faster with two people," Lu Qing immediately offered.

"Deal! Auntie Jiang makes beautiful clothes. I trust you," Baiye nodded.

"Then… I'll design the wedding venue? I'll walk around the area during this time and look for a spot," Fang Yi said after a moment of thought.

"Then let's do it together," Xia Xiaozi said, having had the same idea.

"Great~ Auntie Fang and Auntie will scout the location and decorate the venue~"

Lin Yuqing pouted. That was supposed to be my job…

"Then I'll be in charge of photography. With my professional director's eye and skills, I'll shoot a documentary for you two!" Su Yu patted her chest, making a wild promise.

"Perfect~ This is the best job for Auntie Su~"

Everyone now had a job. They all looked at Xue Yuexian, who had tried to speak several times but was cut off. "You all snatched up the good jobs. What's left for me to do!"

"How about Auntie be the master of ceremonies?"

"I think that works."

They chattered away, their discussion exceptionally fervent.

It was rather amusing, really. A bunch of… old maids, none of whom had ever been married, yet they remembered the procedures perfectly!

Watching them talk over each other, too excited to even eat, Lin Yuqing spoke with a smile. "Have all you elders finished your discussion?"

"Yes, we have."

"Then what about my role?"

Everyone froze.

"Our Xiao Ye is getting married. What's it got to do with you!"

"Exactly. Go find your own family."

"…"

"By the way, it's too crowded with so many people in this little house. Didn't you have a temporary place at the foot of the mountain? I think I'll stay there tonight," Xue Yuexian said.

As expected, the topic of Lin Yuqing's role failed to create even the slightest ripple.

Lin Yuqing was completely resigned, silently being ignored by her elders.

"Okay, that's a good idea. It really is too crowded. But… are none of you planning to leave?" Baiye asked, surprised.

"I'm not leaving, anyway. I'll just treat it as a vacation."

"My boss is here. Who else would I work for?" Fang Yi glanced at Jiang Boyan.

"Me too," Xia Xiaozi added.

"I can't. I'm not like you big shots who can make money just by lying around. I'll come back later," Su Yu said.

"What about Teacher Lu?"

"It's fine. I'll just take some leave. It's been a long time since I had a proper rest. I'll take this opportunity to have a vacation and enjoy myself."

"With Jiang Boyan here, she wouldn't leave even if you chased her away!"

"Tsk, get lost!"

"Alright, let's leave it at that for now. Hurry up and eat, the food's getting cold." Baiye urged everyone to eat, then glanced at a certain someone pouting beside her. She placed some food in her bowl. "Let's make your wedding dress together. I'm not very good at making clothes, but I have a real talent for it~"

Lin Yuqing looked at her and couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, hey, you're smiling so hard your wrinkles are showing." Xue Yuexian couldn't stand her smug expression!

Seeing this, Lin Yuqing sighed. "Alas, with a wife like this, what more could one ask for!" She was deliberately trying to make her jealous.

"Hmph, I'd say it's clearly a beautiful flower stuck on…"

"Aiya, Auntie, that's enough. Stop teasing Auntie Lin." Otherwise, I'll be the one who gets dealt with!!!!

Comments