Against the Light - Chapter 86
Chapter 86: Camera Chicken
【Good morning, sisters~】
【Morning, my ass. I didn't sleep a wink.】
【???】
【Same here, didn't sleep. Damn it, that useless cameraman made me fantasize all night!!】
【Is it that hard to just rush up and film them? Or you could just turn off their mics! Who can stand the two of them humming and murmuring like that? The key is, I couldn't even tell whose moans they were!】
【Hahahaha, go flame them on the official Weibo!】
【Don't bother, some sisters have already been cursing them out all night. It's seriously hard to get a single crumb of content from these two. :)】
【Right now, I just want to ship them. I'm desperate to ship them!】
Early in the morning, Gu Xinran woke up, full of energy.
Stretching, she walked into the courtyard, only to freeze in her tracks. She stopped and watched quietly.
Gu Xinran's camerawoman, Xiao Mu, was holding the hen, stroking it affectionately and scattering a large handful of millet into the coop. It was all very strange.
"Ahem, ahem!!" Yilan's cameraman coughed lightly twice.
Xiao Mu whipped her head around, a look of panic on her face. She nearly dropped the chicken!
She shot to her feet, hoisted the camera onto her shoulder, and said, "Hey, Sister Ran, you're up so early~"
"What are you two doing?"
"Ah, feeding the chicken."
"?" Gu Xinran frowned. Why would feeding a chicken make her look so guilty?
"Hey…" Just as Gu Xinran was about to press further, the young camerawoman bolted, leaving Gu Xinran completely bewildered. Did she just abandon her job??
In the morning, the host, who was also their landlord, came by to check on each house. When he saw Gu Xinran's place, he was full of amazement.
He gathered everyone together and looked at them with a smile.
"Everyone, in the blink of an eye, you've already lived here for seven days. How has it been? Let me start by saying, Xinran and Sister Lan, you two have truly surprised me. When I saw your house, I almost forgot what it originally looked like." The host praised them generously.
"Yes, yes, that was so impressive. I even said they could call me if they needed any heavy lifting done, but they managed everything themselves. They used a pulley system to hoist the wood to the second floor. Truly amazing," Wei Zhan added, giving the two a big thumbs-up.
Bai Yilan smiled. "She did all of it. She's quite experienced when it comes to building houses."
"Is that so! It seems we've invited an expert this time."
"These past few days have been very pleasant for me. It's rare to have the chance to slow down, put away my phone, get away from work, and just enjoy life. I used to think, how could anyone live without a phone or the internet? But look at us, we haven't touched our phones these past few days, and it hasn't been boring at all. In fact, every day has been fulfilling and especially happy. This kind of fulfillment is a psychological satisfaction, a kind of enjoyment. It's really wonderful. I think people nowadays are too dependent on their phones. Sometimes, we really should put them down and take a good look at this vast world. It's truly beautiful," Ruan Tang said.
"I feel the same way. But for me, the biggest reward has been getting to spend a few days alone with this one," Qi Yuwei said with a smile, glancing at Qi Qiuyan beside her.
"Yes, that's true. When you're busy with work, you're bound to spend more time apart than together." The host nodded, then looked expectantly at Gu Xinran.
"Me? As long as I'm with Yilan, everything is wonderful."
"Ooh, ooh, ooh~" The others started to hoot and holler, making Yilan blush bright red.
"Alright, now may I ask, how much emergency money does everyone have left?" the landlord asked with a grin.
Everyone froze.
Gu Xinran and her group had spent the most, mainly on building materials, as well as chickens, ducks, and geese. A good portion of that had been earned by helping the villagers with farm work. After all the calculations, the two of them only had a little over a hundred yuan left.
The other two groups had spent their money mainly on food and drink. Their expenses weren't high, but they were still tight on cash, with about two or three hundred yuan remaining.
"Did I forget to tell you that after seven days, the difficulty level increases?"
"??? What? Say that again??"
"Haha, now, you need to invite a friend from the industry to be a guest at your home for three days. During these three days, you must ensure your friend feels satisfied and comfortable to receive a reward. However, you will be responsible for all expenses during your friend's stay. Furthermore, your friend's satisfaction will be judged by the three teachers in the observation room. If your friend feels uncomfortable or is forcing a smile, you will have to accept a punishment. The punishments include, but are not limited to, helping the villagers with farm work or paying a fine." After explaining, the host looked at them. "Any questions?"
The couples looked at each other in dismay.
"It's hard enough to support ourselves, and now we have to invite a friend over??"
"That's right."
"Can we invite anyone?"
"Correct, as long as they can make it."
The three teams separated to discuss in low voices.
"Do you have any ideas?" Gu Xinran asked.
"Is there anyone who's on a diet recently and doesn't eat much?" Bai Yilan said, frowning in thought.
"...???"
【Hahahaha, Teacher Bai, are you serious? Hahaha!】
【I'm on a diet! No, I'll go on a hunger strike! Just let me go, I can work without eating!!!】
【Wake up, person above me. I bet they'll invite Lin Guo. They're pretty close in private.】
【+1+1, I vote for the fan leader Guozi. If Guozi comes, it's gonna be a good show!!!】
【Damn, please let Guozi come and force them together!!】
"How about Lin Guo?" Bai Yilan asked.
"No, she eats too much." Gu Xinran vetoed it immediately.
"Hmm, then…" The two looked at each other and, with perfect understanding, shared a smile.
【Hahahaha, are they serious about Guozi eating a lot? Hahaha.】
【Guozi, if that were me, I wouldn't be able to stand it.】
【Ahhh, who did they invite, who did they invite? I'm so curious!!】
"Alright, once you've decided on your guest, please call and ask them. The production team will bring them over as soon as possible. If you fail to invite someone, you will be punished with three days of farm work."
Everyone was shocked and immediately started making calls.
Gu Xinran dialed Qin Qiong's number. The phone had barely rung once before it was picked up.
"Hey? Sister Ran? Is it me?!" Qin Qiong sounded a bit excited and very surprised.
"Yeah. Are you watching the show?"
"I am, I'm watching right now. Thanks for the opportunity, Sister Ran. Don't worry, I really don't eat much!" Qin Qiong immediately promised, making the couple laugh.
"Is your schedule free?"
"It's free, no problem. I'll go pack my bags right now!"
"Okay, we'll be waiting." Gu Xinran hung up.
Before long, the other two groups had also successfully invited their guests. Everyone returned to their homes to prepare for their friends' arrival.
The two of them discussed their plans on the way home. As soon as they entered the courtyard, Gu Xinran frowned again. That young camerawoman was feeding the chicken again? Why was she so fond of this chicken?
While working in the afternoon, Gu Xinran paid special attention. Under her supervision, the young camerawoman didn't go near the chicken again, but this only made her more suspicious. A very wild guess even began to form in her mind.
Before she knew it, evening arrived. After washing up, Bai Yilan went up to the roof and lay down in the rocking chair to wait for Xinran.
Qin Qiong was coming tomorrow. Tonight was their last night alone together, and they had to cherish it!
A short while later, Gu Xinran also climbed up. She sat on the rocking chair, stretched, and then made a "shush" gesture to Yilan. After that, she took off her mic pack and made two soft smacking sounds into the microphone.
Bai Yilan watched, completely baffled.
Gu Xinran turned off both their mics.
"I think there's a traitor among us."
"What??"
"Just you wait. He'll walk right into the trap soon enough."
Bai Yilan was thoroughly confused by her cryptic words.
【Ahhh, damn it!! They're at it again!! Where's the cameraman! Go, charge! Ahhhh—】
【Where's the Camera Chicken you've been training all day! Go! Fly! A thousand days to raise a chicken, for one moment's use!】
【Honestly, who came up with this Camera Chicken plan? I'm laughing my head off. How could this possibly work!】
Meanwhile, downstairs in the courtyard, the cameraman squad was also taking action!
Xiao Mu took the chicken out of the coop and tied a pre-prepared miniature camera around its neck. "Sister, it's all up to you. You ate so much of my grain today, you can't just eat without working!" She patted the chicken's wings, giving it a pre-battle pep talk.
A moment later, the camera crew exchanged serious glances. Xiao Mu picked up the chicken and placed it on top of the swing set. With just a small flutter, it could fly onto the roof. This was a clever trick they had come up with yesterday after seeing the chicken flutter up to the roof on its own.
With preparations complete, everyone stepped back. Now, all they could do was wait for Brother Chicken to soar into the sky.
【I never, ever thought that one day I'd have to ship my CP from the perspective of a chicken. :)】
【What kind of genius cameraman is this? This production crew really hit the jackpot with a weirdo!】
【Go, Brother Chicken, you're the fattest!!】
【Holy crap, ahhh, what kind of divine hen is this? It flies when you tell it to fly!!】
【Damn!!! It really flew up there!!】
In the bullet chat, the audience erupted the moment they saw the chicken flap its wings a few times and actually fly onto the roof!!
But before their excitement could even settle, they were all stunned into silence the next second. The bullet chat went blank for a moment.
Gu Xinran's face appeared on the screen. She was sitting cross-legged on the roof, one hand propping up her chin, smiling at the camera as if she had expected this all along.
Bai Yilan, sitting in the rocking chair, waved at the camera with a super sweet smile!
Gu Xinran turned her mic back on and patted the chicken's head with a grin. "Do you want to be made into soup, or do you want to be white-cut?"
"Bawk?"
【…】
【Sob, please spare it. Brother Chicken is innocent.】
【I'm tired. This chicken has truly shouldered too much.】
【I'll sign in blood, please don't eat Brother Chicken. Give it a chance to turn over a new leaf. After all, it sacrificed itself for everyone. For the sake of the eggs it laid for you, please let it go. QAQ】
【I'm crying. I just wanted to watch a variety show. Why do I have to play mind games with the guests??】
Comments
Post a Comment